Thursday, May 7, 2009

Poker gods

I believe the poker gods are plotting against me. How many times can I lose with KK against rags??? How many I ask??? For christ sakes. Whats worst is I spike a K to hit trips and the bastards hit runner runner with a flush or straight. Guess if it weren't for luck, Phil Hellmuth would win them all so I guess I have to roll with the punches. I don't get upset at the table, but inside I begin to boil over. I know its poker and for everytime I get sucked out on, I return the favor, but it always just seems so much uglier when they do it to me.

A couple of updates from the poker rounds.

Played the $100 Saturday buy in at the Red Rock 2 weeks ago. Nice tourney. Quick and usually around 40 people from what I've been told. Made the final table. We are sitting 8 handed and it pays out 4 people. I'm sitting at $25k with the blinds at $1500-$3000. UTG raises it to %6000. UTG+1 raises all in for his last 12K. folds around to me on the button. I look down and have AK. Now, I figure the all in is probably a pair and at best I'm a coinflip, but UTG probably has one of my outs. I've been card dead and am sitting 7th in chips. I move all in and the blinds quickly fold and UTG go's into the tank. I figure that maybe he does have a bigger hand like JJ or QQ, which I would like to have call anyway. He folds and shows A 10. What was so damn hard about folding that?? All in flips over JJ and I show AK. Have 5 outs. oh well, can I get luck considering I end up losing to AK every damn time I am all in? Hell no. Flop comes Q J 6 rainbow. Go from 5 outs down to 3 outs. board bricks out and I'm down to my last $13k. comes around and UTG+1 bets out $6000. I'm next and look down at AcJc and decided to put it all in for my last 9K as we are down to 7 players now and I need to double up. Get 2 callers. Great. Board runs out K 2 5 no clubs. Sweet, getting better by the minute. Check and then an all in by UTG+1. figure i'm dead as he has a K and i'm drawing to an Ace only. other guy mucks and the guy rolls over 77. Thinking i'm lucky now as I have 6 outs. Of course the board bricks and I'm out. Played good, but always hate being a bubble bitch.

Played several cash games with nothing to really show for it. So many luckboxes running around Vegas on the weekends.

Got a couple of online tourneys this weekend that I really would like some good finishes in. Playing the Miniftops on Full tilt and playing a couple other satellites and the Bracelet satellite on full tilt on Sunday. Just need to finish in the top 80 to have my way paid in for the 1k event which should draw the largest field outside of the main event this year.

Other than that, just living in the nice weather out here. Been in the 90's all week, but not miserable.

Thats all for now. Will try to update regularly moving forward, but between work and everything else, really haven't had much time to play lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment